Monday, August 16, 2010

the weekend.


Went to the Arabic market on Friday afternoon - took a million pictures of all the products that remind me of living overseas.  Felt overly nostalgic.




In the spirit of Friday the 13th, E and I watched El Orfanato. It's produced by Guillermo Del Toro (director of Pan's Labyrinth).  Intense, creepy, beautiful, and quite a twist at the end.  


We took a nice Saturday morning stroll to the new farmer's market at McKinley.  I love that we can walk there!  I read somewhere recently (wish I could remember where) that driving to a farmer's market is like taking 1 step forward and 2 steps back!  I love that. 












Hunted for old picture frames for some projects



Successfully made Za'atar bread 



2nd Saturday stroll with E






Sunday night dinner at Mom and Dad's



Figs from my parent's garden.  So delicious!



  

No comments: