Tuesday, November 2, 2010

mad about palm springs

I have a confession to make... I am completely obsessed with a city I have never been to (yet).  This isn't the first time this sort of thing has happened.  Take my love affair with Paris for example.  So far, in this lifetime, I have been lucky enough to visit quite a few countries, but I have yet to explore the country of France, and well, Paris.  Yet, somehow, I feel so certain I would fall head over heels...

While Paris is hopefully one day in my future, Palm Springs happens to be a bit more in reach.  And currently I am OBSESSED.  I can't stop myself from browsing through books, magazines, and blogs dedicated to Palm Springs, the design, the architecture.  There's something about the vast dry crazy hot desert, combined with this really mid-century modern design that is sending me over the edge.  I have to go.  As soon as possible.

Here's a collection of some rad photographs I've stumbled across throughout this obsessive phase of mine...




this gentleman outside of the parker hotel - designed by jonathan adler

 via - tilton lane

via - betog


via - jetset


del marco hotel



once a gas station - now the palm springs visitors center

and... what's better than this image that greets you on the main page of the palm springs visitor center 

holy hot gays, take me to palm springs!!  
you know a city is RAD when this graces their visitor website!










No comments: