Wednesday, July 21, 2010

summer of ♥

congratulations chesen & matt !!!


Montauk, NY

My bff since childhood got engaged over this past weekend.  How crazy exciting is it that we get to share this time in our lives together?  I couldn't be happier for her, and for Matt, who I just adore.  It only takes about 5 minutes in the company of these 2 to truly understand they were made for each other.  

Chesen and I met living in Dhahran, Saudi Arabia, in the 5th grade.  It didn't take long before we were bffs.  Now, 17 or 18 years later, we are still as close as ever.  We haven't shared the same city since the 9th grade, but that has not in any way hindered the friendship, it actually made it stronger. We are those friends, still to this day, that call each other multiple times a day.  We've seen each other through it all, and I suspect we will see each other through so much more.  And even though she is in Manhattan and I'm out here in CA, we still do a pretty amazing job of seeing each other as much as possible.

In fact, Chesen arrives on Friday evening (in 2 days!!) for a major celebratory weekend.  She originally booked the ticket to come celebrate my good news, and now even better - we get to celebrate her wonderful news as well.

At the very top is a picture Chesen sent me post proposal.  Below are a couple of my favorites of these two.





Chesen, Matt...
I love love love you. 

My heart is overflowing with joy. 

Congratulations!





No comments: