Tuesday, March 2, 2010

these ladies.


Current project:  Clean up and organize all photographs on computer.   
Quite a hefty task, as I have never been good about titling or categorizing albums or photographs as I import them.  It has been great though,  going through all these memories of good times and good people.

I was so thrilled to be reminded of this lovely day last summer at the Back Door Lounge in Old Sacramento.  The Back Door Lounge is a dimly lit bar tucked away in an alley in Old Sac.  It quite possibly may be the only reason I ever really find myself in that part of town these days.  Trisha kindly accepted to join me for midday cocktails and allowed me to take hundreds of photographs of her, as I was preparing for a photo project that following week and wanted to get comfortable with certain features of my camera.





The already perfect afternoon got even better when we ran into these adorable older ladies who I snapped some pretty rad photos of as well.  If you know me well, then you know that older people tend to gravitate towards me.  They love me, and I love them equally.  Perhaps it is the lack of grandparents in my life, but I can spend hours and hours with older generations.  I love their faces, their hands, their stories, their spirit.  So much life lived.  Anyhow, I just went on and on about older generations, and these ladies are not even that old!  However, they were hanging at the Backdoor on this particular afternoon, and they snuck out for a cigarrette and some gossip, and allowed me to get in their face with my camera.  I can sometimes be too shy to snap away at strangers, but not on this day, not after those strong martinis... perhaps I should always be mildly tipsy when I have my camera in hand.



Not sure if these two are BFFs, but I would sure like to think that they might be...













She and Trish chatted about being business owners.  Apparently she used to own a shop right above the Back Door years ago.  Notice the Forever21 bag!  Love it.  




I just could not get enough of these ladies.  We found out from some other patron that the shorter of the two might own the bar.  I promised myself that I would develop some of these and drop them off at the bar for the ladies to keep.  I suppose it isn't too late.

No comments: