Wednesday, December 8, 2010

winter in new york

In one short week from today, we will be waking up at Chesen + Matt's apartment in Manhattan.  I absolutely cannot wait.  It will be a week filled with friends + family + love + art + good food + new york city things.

It's a tricky thing when your best friend lives so far away, and in such a grande city.  I always make these gigantic lists of things I want to check out, but the truth is, we are perfectly happy in her apartment with good food and drink... catching up the entire time.  

Eli found this place in brooklyn that he wants to check out.  And there are some great exhibits at the Whitney that I want to see and I have never been there so I'm looking forward to that.  We are staying in Chelsea for part of the trip- so I am excited to be surrounded by an abundance of independent galleries.  Maybe we'll head back to WhiteStar for a topnotch cocktail. What are your favorite NYC musts?

We are attending Chesen and Matt's engagement party at PJClark's next Saturday.  They took us there for dinner last time we visited.  It's their favorite spot.  It's also featured in Madmen as the occasional afterwork drink spot.

Last night I dug up some old photos from our last trip out there.  It was in January - and so freezing... two trips in a row in the cold months!  My next trip out there must be in the spring or early summer months.  New York City is magic in the winter time, but I'm ready for a trip in warmer weather...


this is the view from chesen + matt's place in the LES

columbia university


pjclark's


art at l'orangebleu

No comments: